- Support to formulation of programme strategies and the Country Programme Action Plan
- Support to management of the CO programme
- Administrative support to the Programme Unit
- Support to resource mobilization
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Translate written material into or from (Arabic/English)]
- Collection, analysis and presentation of information for identification of areas for support and programme formulation/ implementation.
- Creation of projects in Atlas, preparation of budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial closure of a project.
- Presentation of information for audit of NEX projects.
- Preparation of non-PO vouchers for development projects.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system including timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
- Creation of requisitions in Atlas for development projects, register of goods receipt in Atlas.
- Making budget check for requisitions, POs and vouchers.
- Review of contributions agreement, managing contributions in Atlas.
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Reading through original material and rewriting it in the Arabic/English language, ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained.
- Using appropriate software for presentation and delivery.
- Liaising with clients to discuss any unclear points.
- Proofreading and editing final translated versions.
- Providing clients with a grammatically correct, well-expressed final version of the translated text, usually as a word-processed document.
- Using the internet and email as research tools throughout the translation process.
Accurate data entry and financial information have an impact on the quality and implementation of the UNDP programme. A client-oriented and efficient approach impact on the image of UNDP in the country.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP's mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
- Ability to perform a variety of standard tasks related to Results Management, including screening and collecting of programme/ projects documentation, projects data entering, preparation of revisions, filing, provision of information
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new system, including new IT based systems
- Good knowledge of Results Management Guide and Toolkit
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
Secondary Education preferably with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance. University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences and Social Sciences would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
3 to 5 years of relevant administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.