WORKING HOURS: FULL TIME; 40 hours per week
SALARY: * Ordinarily Resident (OR):
Position Grade: FSN-8
Starting Salary(Step 1) : KD 9,556 p.a.
* Actual grade and salary will be based on the qualifications of
** Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR):
Position Grade: FP-06
Starting Salary (Step 1): US$ 38,394 p.a.
** Final grade/salary to be determined by HR/OE – NEA/EX/HRD
The U.S. Embassy in Kuwait is seeking an individual for the position of Facilities Management and Supply Supervisor to work at the Aviation Missile Command Office (AMCOM), APACHE Field Office located at the Kuwait Air Force Headquarters, Ali Al Salem Air Base.
Ordinarily Resident (OR) applicants must have the required work and/or residence permit to be eligible for consideration. (This applies to all foreign nationals (US and non-US citizens) residing in Kuwait).
All applicants (US citizen and non-US citizens) who are family members of USG employees officially assigned to post and NOT under Chief of Mission authority must be residing in country and have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
All US Citizens (USEFMs, EFMs, or MOHs as defined below) of US Government Employees assigned to the Mission and under Chief of Mission authority are eligible for consideration. A US Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered but the sponsoring officer under COM authority does have to be officially assigned to post.
The incumbent of this position supervises the overall operation of Kuwait Air Force's (KAF) Ali Al-Salem Air Base (ASB) APACHE concurrent spare parts program. Supervises up to 6 Kuwait Ministry of Defense (KMOD) and/or Third Country National (TCN) staff. Assists/advises the KAF ASB with the management and processing of APACHE A/D common and D Unique concurrent spare parts. Assists the KAF ASB with processing APACHE concurrent spare parts into the U.S. Military Repair and Return (R&R) cycle. Will track Repair and Return parts from country of origin to repair facility and back to end user. Assists the KAF ASB in processing concurrent spare parts into the AMCOM Supply Discrepancy Report (SDR) program. Assists KAF ASB with the management of APACHE warehouse operations requirements. Investigates and corrects APACHE warehouse inventory discrepancies. Investigates/corrects paperwork, mishandling of spares, and expedites procedures and processes in support of the AMCOM APACHE R&R and SDR programs. Responsible for the daily interface between AMCOM, US Army Security Assistance Command (USASAC) and the KAF. Responsible for ensuring prompt action by work order submission and follow up for any Apache Hanger facility related management needs for example, air conditioning, filter replacement, lighting, electrical internet, door, window, plumbing and oversight of all contractors assigned to complete said work on the Ali Al Salem Airbase Apache Hanger. Individual with submit, track and follow up on work orders to Maintenance Engineering Projects (MEP), oversee work is accomplished to standard; escort any contractors who come to Ali Al Salem to perform maintenance on the Hanger Facility; Interface with local companies to solicit bids for services and acquire goods as necessary; minor installation of items and repair of building may be required.
1. Completion of high school education with at least 2 years vocational training or apprenticeship recognized as producing journeyman mechanic skills in one of the major maintenance trades, or completion of other specialized training recognized as pertinent to maintenance management.
2. Two years of progressively responsible experience in the maintenance area including maintenance inspection and planning. At least one year of supervisory experience.
3. Level III (good working knowledge) Reading/Writing/Speaking English
Level III (good working knowledge) Reading/Speaking Arabic
Job holder will be required to communicate effectively in both languages with senior members of the Kuwait Air Force and members of the public.
4. Knowledge of established practices of the trade.
5. Must possess of a valid Kuwaiti driver's license and skilled in the use of MS Office, Excel and Power point.
When fully qualified, US Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and US Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Only those qualified applicants will be called for a test/interview.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following or the application will not be considered.
1. 1. Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174) which is available on the Embassy's site:
2. http://kuwait.usembassy.gov and/or
1. 2. A current résumé or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as the
2. DS-174 (specifically section 1-24 of the DS-174)
4. 3. Copy of the high school certificate/university degree/license (per the requirement of the position).
5. 4. Copy of the Civil ID or passport copy including the residence permit page.
6. 5. Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of the form DD-214.
Human Resources Office
American Embassy Kuwait
Bayan, Block 13, Al-Aqsa Mosque Street
OR Email the application to: HROKuwait@state.gov
Please note that incomplete applications will not be accepted
-S.Mohideen Abdul Kadir