Workshop Engineer – Structural - Al-rakeb Steel companyRESOURCE MANAGEMENT & PLANNING :
1. Overall supervision at workshop for all the fabrication works.
2. Day to day manpower / resource management as per priority / project schedule.
3. Planning of resource utilization (manpower & machines / equipment / consumables) for optimum productivity.
4. Preparing work schedules & maintaining logs for actual V/S planned schedule.
5. Reporting to management on weekly basis for actual productivity & preparing contingencies plan in case of delay in any project in order to keep the target completion date unchanged.
6. Collecting & maintaining data for resource utilization (man hours / machine hours / consumables etc.) for ongoing projects, which will help tendering department to correctly price the future job of similar nature.
7. Raising material requests well in advance for ongoing jobs so that, procurement will not delay the progress of work.
8. SAFETY comes first & this should be followed strictly.
9. Leader ship quality to handle the workforce at various levels.
TECHNICAL KNOW HOW :
1. Well conversant with fabrication &various welding techniques.
2. Knowledge of painting process / various painting systems & preliminary quality checks.
3. Should be able to read & understand the fabrication / shop drawings & to convey the same to the fellow workers.
4. Should be able to distinguish between various grades of steel, pipes, welding electrodes & structural fasteners as per project specified material & consumable grades.
5. Should follow the correct / most optimum sequence of fabrication.
- 4 to 6 Years in Structural steel fabrication (light to heavy structures) & piping jobs.
1. Good command over spoken & written English.
2. Able to attend the meetings with clients for technical clarifications relevant to fabrication works.
3. Highly motivated & leader ship quality to lead the Foreman, team of welders, fabricators, painters, machinists & unskilled labor up to 100 Nos. or more.
4. Honest & dedicated to company's interest.
5. Punctual / consistent in maintaining the target dates.
6. Team member & source of motivation to other members of the team.
7. Conveying the ideas / methods to improve the productivity on shop floor.
8. Transparent to higher management in giving the correct feedbacks & also to come up with amicable solutions to various tasks.
9. Able to work within specified budgets for various projects & to manage the jobs in most economical ways.
10. Adaptive & willing to update with latest techniques