SALARY: Full performance level:
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR):
US$ 42,948 p.a. through US$ 48,338 (Starting Salary);
Position Grade: FP-05 (step 1 through 4)
(** Final grade/salary to be determined by HR/OE – NEA/EX/HRD)
Ordinarily Resident (OR): KD 10,502 p.a. (Starting Salary) Position Grade: FSN-09
* Actual grade and salary will be based on the qualifications of the applicant.
The U.S. Embassy in Kuwait is seeking an individual for the position of a Computer Management Specialist in the Information Management Office.
Ordinarily Resident (OR) applicants must have the required work and/or residence permit to be eligible for consideration. (This applies to all foreign nationals (US and non-US citizens) residing in Kuwait).
All applicants (US citizen and non-US citizens) who are family members of USG employees officially assigned to post and NOT under Chief of Mission authority must be residing in country and have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
All US Citizens (USEFMs, EFMs, or MOHs as defined below) of US Government Employees assigned to the Mission and under Chief of Mission authority are eligible for consideration. A US Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered but the sponsoring officer under COM authority does have to be officially assigned to post.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
The Computer Management Specialist is a member of the Embassy's Information Systems Center which manages the mission's computer networks and other IT systems.
LAN / WAN Administration:
The jobholder maintains and implements the continued development and expansion of the mission network operation consistent with established security policies, strategies and guidelines.
Maintains and implements operating level agreements and computer operations infrastructure, which includes 7 x 24 network operation and availability.
Installs and configures network communication equipment like switches, routers, gateways, bridges, access points, modems and other equipments in accordance with established standards and regulations.
Installs, configures, trouble-shoots and maintains hardware and software as required, meeting foreseen and unforeseen demands and contingencies.
Monitors and manages network printers and monitors daily backup on all servers.
Management Advisory and Reporting
Analyzes and proposes computer hardware and software requirements and capabilities in connection with current projects and also with expansion and upgrade projects.
Assists in planning and recommending actions as necessary of all systems and peripheral hardware and server, general use, or office-specific application software and upgrades.
Assists in coordinating installation, maintenance and repair of the external communications lines to provide both inter-connectivity and Internet connectivity in coordination with the embassy IT officers, external contractors and installation, repair & maintenance crews and offices and Internet Service Providers as necessary.
Application Design, Development, Implementation and Training
Installs and configures all application programs running at Post on servers and workstations on Embassy Networks.
Sets up an equipment replacement cycle and negotiates warranty agreements to minimize maintenance and utilization costs.
Participates in the management of complete computer maintenance and operations facilities to ensure that proper inventories of equipment, spare parts, maintenance tools, test tools and supplies are maintained and reconciled.
Identifies, and recommends new ways users can use the computer systems to make their work easier and more efficient. Listens to complaints and considers suggestions, recommendations, solutions, and requests.
Provides user technical support, troubleshooting and training for Embassy systems and applications.
1. Possession of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, IT systems or Computer Science or equivalent work experience. PC systems engineering, programming, system analysis and design, database administration, computer networking, communications cabling or other related education is also required. Current professional certifications, such as Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) or other equivalent industry-standard certifications are required.
2. Minimum five years experience in a technical and administrative position responsible for the operations, management and utilization of a computer network system, of which two years must have been performing duties directly responsible for the installation and configuration (if necessary) of network applications and all aspects of systems analysis and design. Two years experience installation, configuration and administration of Microsoft Windows 2003 and above servers, database and Exchange and administration and utilization of server-based applications is required. Experience in the area of Internet site configuration, Windows domain administration, managing/configuration of client-server applications, managing and configuration of Exchange applications, managing of user security policies, installation and configuration of communication equipment and troubleshooting network problems.
3. Level IV (fluent) in English.
4. Incumbent must have a good working knowledge of system administration, networking, applications and programming and basic systems hardware. Also installation and maintenance of Windows clients, MS Office applications, Active Directory, network security and telecommunications. Knowledge of SQL, ExchangeDHCP, IIS servers is required. Must have knowledge of configuring, installing and troubleshooting of routers, and Video Teleconferencing Equipment.
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following or the application will not be considered.
1. 1. Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174) which is available on the Embassy's site:
2. http://kuwait.usembassy.gov and/or
1. 2. A current résumé or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as the
2. DS-174 (specifically section 1-24 of the DS-174)
4. 3. Copy of the high school certificate/university degree (per the requirement of the position).
5. 4. Copy of the Civil ID or passport copy including the residence permit page.
6. 5. Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of the form DD-214.
SUBMIT APPLICATION BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE TO:
Human Resources Office
American Embassy Kuwait
Bayan, Block 13, Al-Aqsa Mosque Street
OR Email the application to: HROKuwait@state.gov
Please note that incomplete applications will not be accepted.
CLOSING DATE: January 3, 2012
S.Mohideen Abdul Kadir