BOR1146 - Operator (Olefins)
Future Vacancy Registration Please note that currently there are NO jobs for the position below, however if you would like you to register your details for future career opportunities please apply now.
Company: Abu Dhabi Polymers Company Ltd. (Borouge)
Job Group: Manufacturing & Production
Location: UAE - Ruwais
Contract Type: Full Time / Permanent
Abu Dhabi Polymers Co. Ltd (BOROUGE) is a leading provider of innovative plastics solutions. Established in 1998, Borouge is a joint venture between two well-established leaders in the industry – the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) and Borealis A/S, one of Europe's largest polyolefin producers. The partnership brings together combined strengths, superior technology and deep market knowledge that make Borouge a market leader in high-performance polyolefins. Borouge's state-of-the-art petrochemical complex is located at Ruwais, Abu Dhabi, and its head office is located in city of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
About the job:
Our Production teams are responsible for the safe operation of our polyolefin production facilities - comprising of Cracker Plants, Polyethylene Plants, Polypropylene Plants, Olefin Conversion Units and Utility Plants, to achieve our production targets in compliance with quality and sound HSE practices.
Reporting to the Supervisor, you will be part of the Production Team and will be responsible for either in the control room or in the field to an agreed rotation schedule:
- As Control Room Operator - Operating the control panels (DCS) comprising of highly sophisticated and computerised equipment on shift in the assigned operating area. It includes the operating and controlling the instrumentation on the control panels governing process qualities and quantities. Constantly visualises, diagnosis and manipulates micro processing electronic controlling facilities to ensure safe and proper function and that products meet the required stipulated specifications and quantities.
- As Field Operator - Monitoring on shift in the assigned operating area, the operation of processing plant and all equipment and ongoing maintenance work. It includes regular inspection of operations (field tours), adjustment of a variety of valves and switches, maintaining all equipment in synchronisation and taking and analysing log readings from a variety of gauges and indicators. Reports any anomalies noted to his Supervisor and/or to the Operator in control room duty.
- Substituting the shift supervisor when required.
- Attending the departmental safety, health and good housekeeping meetings, participates in plant inspection tours and takes active participation in implementing Company policies on safety, health, loss prevention and quality management.
- Observing all safety, fire and security rules and regulations, including the use of protective clothing and equipment and ensures that all personnel working in his area comply with safety procedures. Ensures the maintenance of assigned area in clean and tidy conditions.
About you: As a successful candidate you will have:
- Technical High School or Diploma in Chemical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in Polyolefins /Gas Cracker or Utilities plant.
- Knowledge of DCS preferred.
- Proficient in written and verbal English.
- Very good initiative and team player.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office - Word, Excel or Powerpoint.
- Knowledge on CMMS -SAP will be an advantage but not required.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Passport-size photograph
Because we operate globally in multiple countries, we have selected English as our global business language. Consequently to work for us you need to have an acceptable standard of spoken and written English relevant to your job needs. Please make sure all the information you enter and your resume is in English.
By clicking on the Apply for this Vacancy button, you accept the Applicant Privacy Statement.
Borouge makes all reasonable endeavours to ensure the security and confidentiality of personal data that we process. We use secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection. Borouge will not sell, share, or otherwise distribute your personal data to third parties outside the Borouge group. Personal data may be exchanged among operating units when necessary for business or legal purposes.
Disclaimer: This message and its attachment, if any, are confidential and may contain legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and delete this message and its attachment, if any, from your system. You should not copy this message or disclose its contents to any other person or use it for any purpose. Statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender, and do not necessarily reflect those of Sahara Petrochemicals Company and its affiliates. Sahara Petrochemicals Company and its affiliates accept no liability for damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.